Dressers are usually one of the key elements in interior design, regardless of the size or form of the space, or the purpose for which it is being used. It would be ideal if you could find a dresser that is in harmony with both your bedroom and your lifestyle.
However, finding a satisfying dresser is not a simple task, and it often takes one to think in a way that is different from what is expected. You may have spent a considerable amount of time searching for a dresser but came up empty-handed in your search.
Today, I will be sharing some creative colorful dresser makeover ideas with you. These ideas will convert your dresser into a masterpiece that can be displayed anywhere in the house.
Hand Painted Dresser
Tired of your old-looking dresser? Here’s another way to refresh your old dresser! You can offer each drawer a unique appearance by painting it a different color or pattern. Making over your antique dresser is always exciting!
- Tools and equipment:
- Sanding block with a medium grit (optional)
- Using lint-free cloths (for cleaning and waxing)
- 2–3 little paint rollers
- 1 pint of paintbrush Spruce Tree Best Residence Finish: Chalky Paint
- Wax Finishes (clear and dark)
- The vinegar (optional for cleaning)
Step 1: Sand the existing surface
You may skip this step if your dresser has a smooth surface and is in excellent condition. Otherwise, use a medium-grit sanding block to smooth rough edges.
Step 2: Clean and dry the dresser
Remove any trash and dust from the surface. Dust will become caught in the paint and ruin the quality if the surface is not clean. Wipe clean the dresser with a moist, lint-free cloth. Allow the dresser to fully dry.
Step 3: Paint it with a roller
Before painting, you may need to add a tablespoon or two of water to thin down the chalk paint to an acceptable consistency. Paint the bigger surface areas using a roller to get a smooth finish with no obvious brush strokes. To guarantee a smooth finish, roll paint onto the drawer fronts and sides.
Step 4: Brush Trimming
A roller cannot be used to paint every surface of the dresser. Fill in the edges and any details missed by the roller using a paintbrush. Allow the paint to fully dry. Depending on the paint, one to three coats may be required. Wait at least 48 hours. You may add any designs once the paint has been set before adding the final protective finish.
Step 5: Apply A Wax Finish
A final coat isn’t always necessary for latex and oil-based paints on a dresser. Wax finishes are a frequent finishing step when painting with chalk paint. You can apply two types of wax finishes: clear and dark. Follow manufacturer’s instructions for dresser finish, with detail and edge waxing. Smoothly apply dark wax with the same cloth.
Step 6: Apply decorative accessories.
To retain an antique feel, utilize the existing knobs without polishing. If you want, use similar hardware to save drilling additional holes.
It’s fine if you’re not good at hand-painting! You can still make a floral dresser on your own. You can use the prima decor transfer to effortlessly transfer flowers on the dresser without the trouble of hand-painting!
How to use a Decor Transfer
- First, decide where you want the design to go on the dresser.
- Simply leave the dresser upright and tape the transfers in place.
- If you don’t like one portion of the transfer or need it to fit in a certain location, just cut it up into smaller parts.
- When you’re ready, just peel off the backing and put the transfer on the dresser.
- Be cautious not to let it contact the paint, or it will cling and not come off.
- When the transfer is in place, rub it on with the wooden stick and peel off the plastic.
- After the transfer, sanded it with 220 grit, it will make the transfer seem weathered
- Always use a water-based poly to seal the paint and transfer.
- The poly will give the finish greater resilience and help the transfer stick and shine.
- Now appreciate your creation!
You should definitely utilize the wood structure of a tall wooden dresser when making it over. Because hardwood dressers are often of higher quality and more durable than standard dressers. They can support anything heavier.
- Upcycle as a home bar
Converting your dresser into a beverage station is a good example of upcycling. The completed bar can have cutouts that hold bottles in place as well as a trough that can be used to ice down beverages. It is possible to use it on their patio while hosting parties, but it would also function very well inside, either as a home bar or in the kitchen as a coffee station.
- Turn into a TV Stand
Dressers that have been given a second life as television stands may be quite useful if they are the proper height. After painting it any color to fit the color palette of the room, you may remove the two top drawers (if feasible) to create a place for media components. The end effect is both fashionable and practical.
With its creative outlook, bohemian patterns are thought to bring artistic value to the designs. Each bohemian pattern is one-of-a-kind, with fascinating and vibrant components. These unique and appealing designs will entice everyone to look at your creation at least twice!
Characteristics of a boho home decor
- A lived-in felling
A unique perforated dresser with a bohemian design
- Find a great bohemian-type pattern online, altered it to your requirements, and sketched it on your new drawer fronts before drilling through to create a perforated design.
- A bench drill is recommended, although a hand drill would suffice.
- After drilling all of the holes, sand and stain the new drawer fronts before connecting them to the old drawers using glue and finishing nails.
- To complete the look, you may also attach some simple brass knobs and gold harpin feet to make it more visually appealing.
Nowadays, you can effortlessly include a vintage dresser into your home decor. It can easily fit into your classic, vintage, or even art deco bedroom; it is more than simply a movie prop.
- Every vintage drawers are elegant. Curved legs, flowing shapes, luxurious materials, brass or silver details, elegant knobs, and antique charm will enrich your room.
- It is like a tiny black dress in fashion: it’s to the point, doesn’t need further décor, and makes an exquisite statement. Dresser becomes lovely with candles, flowers, and a mirror.
- Vintage dressers are also an icon of timeless fashion. Dressers of diverse styles, colors, textures, and materials will always be stylish, so don’t hesitate to acquire one or many for your house.
- Many antique dressers are hand-painted and have distinctive knobs and handles. It is just a great centerpiece in your room.
Decorative Dresser Knobs and Pull
If you’re bored with the appearance of your dresser, you can always change it up by sanding, repainting, changing knobs and pulls, even forms, and removing and replacing drawers and tops. Here, we give you some creative ways to decorate your dresser with new hardware.
- Swape the wooden handles with marbleized knobs.
- Replace your white pulls with gold-sprayed pulls.
- Starburst stencil and gold spray paint give your dresser mid-century contemporary flare
- Map-patterned leather pulls provide a well-traveled look.
- Give your dresser a pop of color with cute ribbon pulls
- Make your own leather drawer pulls with a luxurious feel and deep stain
Princess Dresser for Bedroom
Have you ever wanted a Disney-themed bedroom? White and pink are classical princess dresser colors. Aside from that, you may select a theme for your bedroom! You can always make a bedroom into a joyful memory of your favorite movie by including ideas for furniture and decorations that feature characters. If you are a huge Frozen fan, you may make a princess dresser with a huge mirror. It should be in a lovely color of candy pink and ice blue, similar to Elsa’s ice castle palace in the movie. Then you may also convert the knobs to gem buttons to make it seems more luxurious as if you were a princess!
If your bedroom is decorated in a neutral color palette with white linen or has a carpet that is composed of various colors of blue and gray, then blue-colored furniture will be the best option to highlight the softer blues in the rug while also adding a splash of color to the space.
On both sides of your bed, use two of these light blue dressers as nightstands. The size is ideal since it provides the additional storage we need without dominating the area. The linen chests not only complement your rug, but you can also make them appear even better by adding some cushions in a light blue color.
DIY a Mini Dresser Using Recycled Materials
- Match Boxes
Step 1: Stack and glue the matchboxes on top of each other, you can use as many matchboxes as you want
Step 2: Trace the matchboxes on the scrapbooking paper
Step 3: Cover the matchboxes with scrapbooking paper with your glue
Step 4: Mark the spot in matchboxes where you will place the mini handles
Step 5: Glue on the beads on the spots that you marked
Step 6: Finished!!
❤️❤️ Here Are The Popular Items For Crafters. Click The Image To Explore More!! ❤️❤️